Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Reupholstering chair part two

So I started to share with you this little chair I have been trying to reupholster....to see the first post on tufting click here....
 But we've been a bit side tracked with a bathroom issue that has pretty much evolved into a whole remodeling saga...more on that in another post!!!
 The first part I tackled on the chair was tearing it down.  I've been using this book to learn how to do all this and I have found it extremely helpful.
 I used this section to help me with the tufting on the back.  The photos are excellent and it takes you step by step through the whole process.
They give you clear instructions for several different style projects from start to finish.
They suggest keeping the original fabric and ironing it out to use as a pattern ---which works great and saves you alot of measuring and time!!!
 I painted the frame ASCP Duck Egg Blue and dry brushed some Old White over that then finished it with just the clear wax.
 For the fabric on the chair itself, I decided to use some feedsack that had stripes that had faded to a brown color...I'm guessing it was originally a red
 This will be the back and the attached (support) part of the seat which is a piece of plywood.  This all just got stapled on with 3/8" staples.
I'm working on finishing up sewing the cover for the seat and she'll be ready to go to Winsome Cottage for awhile! 

No comments:

Post a Comment