Thursday, May 3, 2012

MCM Chair

 This post is totally to brag about my uber cool midcentury modern chair...
That I paid a whopping $2 for!!!!!
 If you 've read other more obscure posts you might already know I 'm a runner...
and I've found some good stuff that way...
 Where I run isn't exactly a "high class" part of town...and you sometimes see things like a 90's Astro Van with spinners...or a hot tub in the front yard...
 The up side to this is that you find little gems like this----for $2....
There's an older gentleman that sits out in his driveway with his garage open; and he always has a wide array of junk...
no sign that says "Garage Sale" or "For sale" or anything even remotely close.
 I should explain here that I am my father's daughter.  I think I could talk to anyone...and I do!  I'm the weird lady that starts talking to your baby in line at the grocery store.  Sorry if that annoys you--  I just can't help it :)
 So I spy this gorgeous chair and I KNOW I have to save it.  It should live where it is appreciated....
I walk up his driveway and ask what's going on with all his stuff...is it for sale???  
He was very nice but very hard of hearing.  So when I say I "asked" I was really shouting :)
Mostly he just wanted to talk and show me all his treasures.  And I do appreciate a good treasure stash....so I looked at more of his things 
and I found another cute little chair I'll be showing you soon.
 $4 total for both chairs...
and a new junk spot to keep an eye on...you just never know...
 She's all cleaned up and right there in the corner of our living room...happy as can be to be living in a new place with a new family to love her...

1 comment:

  1. You are too funny, actually you sound like me. Maybe we can go picking when we come out this fall.

    ReplyDelete