Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day


My sweet husband and I are soul mates...there's just no way we would have made it through each of our first marriages and gotten together without God...
Below is a link to a beautiful song that reminds me of us....
We enjoy doing everything together ---raising our family, serving in our church, making just about anything and everything,
just making a life together...
And we love to shop flea markets and antique shops together...
finding unique things to create our home

I found this set of eight Pyrex cups and saucers and had to have them.  They are timeless....
 The color is gorgeous... And the red striped towel (in the photo below) I now have three of...vintage linens are yummy...
 I saw a lot of other Fire King and Pyrex pieces (mixing bowls, small cereal bowls, etc.) I'd love to have...something fun to hunt for when we're out scouring the flea markets and antique stores...
 My husband is a bit obsessed with collecting lunch boxes and thermoses so the red one with the black stripes is our latest addition...
 And I have been on the hunt for a chair to add to our living room for quite awhile... over a year.
We don't have a lot of space, so I was thinking a small armchair that I could slipcover or reupholster....then we saw this set....
And they are actually really comfortable.
Perfect in scale and two instead of one.  They're good for now...eventually I may have to reupholster them, but I'll live with them for awhile before I decide.  
I love creating a unique home.  We buy what we love and that's it.  Doesn't really matter if it's old or new or where it comes from...
It's ours and that's what matters....

1 comment:

  1. Great find on the pyrex!! They are so pretty! It is totally awesome when you and your husband share hobbies and likes.

    ReplyDelete