Thursday, June 16, 2011

Feedsack upholstered chair

 Just a reminder of what we started with below...
The red was vinyl and you can see the tear on the seat...  but she's really solid.  And she looks really different now.
 I'm sold on using the wax to finish furniture.  I just used the Minwax furniture paste wax off the shelf at Lowes.  You brush it on really thin.  After it dries well you buff it with a clean, dry cloth.
 It makes everything nice and smooth and it has a beautiful sheen to it.  Not too shiny but not matte.
 I was able to do the whole chair with two feedsacks.  I used one sack for the front and back of the upper section; and part of a second one for the seat.
 The trim does really finish it off nicely...
 I used the "Sprinkler" color underneath and the color on top is called "Fresh Linen".
 Really happy with the whole thing.  I learned alot!!!
We went to an auction tonight so I'll post what we found here soon.  Some things for us and some things for the shop too!!!  So of course I'm linking  to  Furniture Feature Fridays

8 comments:

  1. Rachel, this is so adorable. I have to say, I was starting to get a little tired of the feed sack look, but you have reinvented it! Love, love your take on it. That chair is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An amazing transformation! Love the feed sack look. I won't ever look at vinyl chairs the same again :).

    Following you now! Hope you follow me too!

    Emily
    http://lovelybeasts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! I just ordered some grainsacks - a few from Ebay (American ones) and one from Etsy (coming from France). I can't wait til I have them in my hand. This is a great tranformation - really beautiful work!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Where do you find those grainsacks? Everyone is using them but I must say that I like this look the most. Was that chair a thrift store find?

    I found you from perfectly imperfect and am your newest follower!

    Katie
    http://cayennepaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just jumped from Sarah's Modern COuntry Style blog.. Love the chair. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have created an amazing and beautiful piece.

    I am popping over from Sarah's great paint party. (Link #34)

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rachel,

    I can hardly believe it;s the same chair!! I love it!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete