Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Rose Polka Dot chair


We got this little beauty along with the Victrola I painted with the argyle doors....
Chairs can be really tricky....
They are hard to fix if they're loose or rickety.  You pretty much have to take it apart to glue it back together.
She wasn't too bad.  Just a little loose at the top joint which we were able to glue and clamp back together.  

So I painted her with the same base color I used on the Victrola...
French Linen and Paris Grey mixed.
Distressed her and removed the old green velvet upholstery....which always involves prying out a bunch of staples...
Recovered the seat in this fun orange and pink polka dot fabric.
And we delivered this to the shop along with the Victrola....
I took WAY too many photos but it was so gorgeous outside that day....
Marykay had been telling me that she wanted to use the Barcelona color ---which is orange--on some pieces for her Spring window....
So when we dropped the two pieces off to her, she and her husband decided to put them in one of her two large display windows...
To see the window display click HERE---a link to her own blog post...
And I got a phone call the next morning---
someone called her right after opening the shop to buy BOTH pieces!!!!
Wow.  So humbling--I am always floored when things to go that fast....
And our house is "officially" back on the market...
More on that soon 
since the photographer was here  yesterday afternoon....

Furniture Feature Fridays Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty chair! That fabric is soo fun!

    ReplyDelete