Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Bleach pen designs


 Some new pillow shams

....this orange fabric was given to me for free :) 
if you're reading Ashley, THANKS!!!!  


I decided to try out drawing with the bleach pen....

 I've had the fabric for awhile and it's pretty intense.  I'm not typically an "orange" person but I never pass up free fabric.  You just never know....
 when another friend asked me to slipcover a chair for her; she brought me this blue, Annie Selke fabric that I fell in love with...
 So I thought this was a great combination....
 that would be Mighty's little shoe she's trying to sneak into the photo there at the left...
 I really like how the bleach turned out...I learned a few things :)  It spreads and soaks in if it gets really thick...
 So depending on how you want it to look when it's finished you can draw really thin lines and it gives a nice sketchy quality to the drawing...
 I cut my fabric and bleached the designs before I sewed the pillows.  Then left them overnight, rinsed them under running water and threw them in the dryer....
 I probably never would've chosen either of these fabrics to make pillows out of but when I saw the blue fabric I immediately remembered the orange fabric...

  And I'm a color junky...addicted to the paint chips  in the painting section and have been since I was young...drawn to the nail polish section like a moth to a flame...I just can't help it
 So this is my favorite thing about my dropcloth slipcovers...being able to change out pillows and colors....
 I am loving the bright orange and blue together --just the right kick for dreary winter time...

5 comments: