Saturday, February 19, 2011

Our humble home tour

Our house is "officially" up for sale.  This past Tuesday the photographer came and took pictures of it inside and out.  People ---my house has never been this clean and never will be again!!!  I decided to save the photos for days when I look around at all the toys and crazy crafting mess....and just want to remember how it CAN look--know what I mean?!?!?!?  Maybe it will bring me that nice calm feeling that you get when you walk through your house and see everything in it's place and it smells just wonderful....



 We have tried to make it as nice as possible without spending too much.  I put a fitted red sheet over our box springs, used two quilts I had on hand.  One had a bleach stain so I flipped it over (green under quilt) then the top white quilt is also flipped over (a blue star pattern quilt that had faded quite a bit too).  Used some curtains I already had.  Made the "tie backs" for the curtains.  I bought some cheap cylinder vases ($1 apiece) and wrapped ribbon around them to get a little more red...filled them with river rocks stuck in some decorative sticks...
 Our hallway bathroom...tub inserts are not my favorite but they are clean and new.  And a huge improvement over the tub from the 50's.

 This is why we're moving.  Working on ideas for a "shared" room for Doodlebug and Mighty.  I have some good ideas floating around in my head so if nothing happens I really want to paint it this summer.

 Some pictures of the FINISHED kitchen and dinning room!  The ice box of my great-grandparents,  the breadbox was probably theirs too.  My dad found the silver wash tub on the fridge out on the road somewhere.  These photos even have the beadboard in them...

See my $6 locker boxes from Target in the cubbies along with our lunchbox collection???  The toys fit great in the boxes.  The little highchair in the bottom left corner was my husband's grandpa's.  The airplane rib hanging above the doorway is to our future Pietenpol project....
 This is our living room.  Under the TV there is a tool organizer which is now pictured on the Pickers page.  This came from the trash.  It was nasty brown with green drawers so I spray painted it.  It stores all kinds of little goodies.  And I painted the brick fireplace a few years ago...it was bright red brick...so I thought hmmmm it would look alot better if it was a stone color....my husband came home from work one day and it was already done.
 Another of my new "favorite" items is the radio in the bottom right of this corner with our lamp on it.  It too belonged to my great-grandparents.  It still works!  And you can also see the little white cabinet which is also pictured on the Pickers page.
 The curtains were white cotton twill tab top curtains from Wal-Mart ($17).  I used some fabric and grosgrain ribbon to cover the tabs and add a little more "character" to them.

 Here's our master bathroom.  Same color as the hall bathroom....my brother in law remodeled these about 3 years ago and I totally concocted the color from two other colors to get what I wanted.
Last photo.....this is where I usually blog from...the Hoosier Hutch (My first major antique purchase) which serves as our "desk".  This is my home.  And there are so many other things I'd like to do...a new front door, a new porch railing, a new sink and faucet in the kitchen....Spring does this to me.  I'm trying really hard to fight it.  And if I do get into something it will be the kids' room for sure....

No comments:

Post a Comment