Sunday, July 14, 2013

Metal File Cabinet Repurposed

Last summer we had an unexpected bathroom remodel.....
I got rid of the vanity and decided on a simple wall hung sink.  Which eliminated pretty much all of the storage.  We added a really cool wall hung medical cabinet to create a small vanity space last summer then I added a vintage shaving mirror...but I still needed something small for cleaners and extra odds and ends.
 So I have been looking for awhile for the right thing to have in our bathroom that would fit without dominating the whole room.  
We were at a local "shop hop" and I spotted this little metal file cabinet from "Farm to Charm"
The top lifts up and was made to hold hanging files.  The bottom was locking cabinet --which doesn't work anymore because the key broke off in the lock.
 I used ASCP in Duck Egg Blue which I mixed with some cream acrylic paint to get this color....and topped it with some clear wax

 A few week ends ago we were flea marketing and I picked up this cup pull I was going to use on our chalkboard wall calendar to hold chalk....
But it was a perfect fit on this piece and changed the way it looked in a good way....
She fits good in there!  Only took me a year to find it....that's part of the fun when you flea market  Your house is always evolving and you keep adding and changing...

No comments:

Post a Comment