Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Latitude Longitude Leather Bracelet

 A new jewelry piece...
I'll be wearing what we refer to as the "macaroni prototype" ---
That's a Despicable Me movie reference for those of you who don't have little ones.... 
 before I sell one, but I'll probably offer this in our Etsy shop eventually.
 I've been wanting to make a simple, leather bracelet and attach a stamped metal tag...
What I started with was a sterling silver tag that was about 1/2 the length of what's actually on this bracelet...
 But I was having trouble finding something to stamp...other than kids names or dates....that would fit on the tag.
Then while I was brainstorming about all this I remembered seeing a website where you could enter an address and it gave you the latitude and longitude coordinates.
 I decided to switch to some aluminum so I could make it whatever length I wanted and see how it looked....
I'm thinking I could do a wider leather piece and stack two shorter tags one on top of the other too...I'll be playing around with it to see what I like
So these coordinates are the spot I met my husband-
which also happens to be the church where we got married-
which also happens to be the church we're still at 9 years later-
pretty special place....

No comments:

Post a Comment