Sunday, November 18, 2012

Final Slipper Chair Photos

This book is awesome.  If you want to learn  how to upholster pretty much anything you should take a peek at this one....
It covers everything from simple dining room chairs to a leather chesterfield (tufted) sofa
 The final piping is tacked onto the bottom edge and then hand stitched around the legs.  You can also see how I linked the start and finish of the piping together...when I finished tacking it all in place; I folded about an inch of fabric under and nested the other end of the piping inside then tacked it down. 
 My husband stapled on the dust cover (which I bought at JoAnns) we only have the manual stapler and I'm just not strong enough to stretch the fabric and get the staples in the right spot...
 I am SOOOO excited that she's done 
This is  something I've always wanted to try-- and wondered if I can do-- and now here it is all finished up...
 I'm going to try to get the "blogtastic" beauty shots while Mighty is napping and Doodlebug is outside....

No comments:

Post a Comment