Sunday, September 16, 2012

Jess Brown style tutorial part 3

These are your doll parts and they're all turned right side out.
This is what I use to stuff the doll and I'm pretty happy with it.  There are even good tips on the back to help you with stuffing your projects.
I like to use a pencil eraser because it kind of "grabs" the stuffing and helps get it inside.
You want to do just a tiny bit at a time and push it all the way to the bottom.  If you try to do too much at once it won't go all the way down because the pieces are so narrow.
I leave enough to pinch at the tops --
 this is where the legs will be sewn into the body.  And for the arms I fold this part over so it doesn't need stuffing.
 
 Pin the legs in making sure that plenty of the top of the leg is inside the dolls body.
I use my zipper foot which helps sew up next to the stuffing.
 And I left the bottom edge raw...
In my next post I'll show sewing on the arms and giving her a face and hair.  The FUN part :)

No comments:

Post a Comment