Friday, March 2, 2012

the best is yet to come....

 This table was given to me by a lady I go to church with..she said when she saw it that it reminded her of the things I paint and re-do....
 Here is the obligatory "before" photo..white and chippy but not in a good way...so I cleaned her up and painted her two colors...the pale aqua first and then a grey/white color...
 And here I am distressing her in February wearing a sweatshirt outside!!!  The weather has been so warm here...
 People often ask how I choose what to distress on a piece.  When you rub the sandpaper over it it will tell you --you're looking for the "high" spots or edges...this little piece had alot of nice detail for it..
All these edges...
And these legs....
So here she is finished up...I decided to hand letter a french phrase on her...
"Le meilleur est encore a venir" 
The best is yet to come...
She's a unique little table for sure and she distressed so nicely...
Waxed her with some dark wax...
And she's ready to go to the shop...

Furniture Feature Fridays

No comments:

Post a Comment