Thursday, January 26, 2012

Random....

Thinking about colors for the living room...
I'm really leaning towards the "Silver Birch" in the very back.....
I look at photos of the "all white" look in magazines and online and I like it; but I'm not sure about living in it....
My second choice would be the "Crisp Linen" except that it's similar to what we already have....

 We really need a new front door...and have for awhile.  So I'm waiting to get that done before I paint but it takes me awhile to decide on the color thing....
 I'd love to get rid of the ceiling fan and the brass fireplace insert :)  We just rearranged because we put Doodlebug's bed up on the loft so he could play under it.  So the piece the TV is sitting on had to come out of their room....one thing leads to the next when you have a small house....
 A couple of new pillow shams for Winsome...
 I like this one but it took some time....
 Proof that I wasn't kidding about the tape obsession :) This is actually a mild "restoration".  He's been on a mission to fix all of his broken airplanes using tape....I love being a mom...
  This is about the only snow we've had...
 Our back sidewalk....mostly a solid sheet of ice....

 He was totally fascinated by the leather gloves staining his hands....ahhh to be 4 again....

3 comments:

  1. Can you remove the brass thingy from the fireplace and spray paint it? Black, dark gray? soft white? (no not white next to the smoke), uh, I know how it is to decorate with what you have, the thing is, it is yours... paid for. Sometimes I have moved things around, if I had my choice I wouldn't even have them, but I do, so make use of what I have and be thankful. Isn't that what it is all about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you Helen-- I'm always "shopping" in my own house and shifting things around! It seems silly to spend money on things I know I'll get tired of eventually. It's all just "stuff" anyways.

      Delete
  2. I know you can get spray paint that is heat proof for your grill, I bet you could use that kind of paint on your brass insert. It might be worth a try. I'm with you, I don't really like brass that well. You could spray paint your fan too. If you are wanting a certain light fixture, keep an eye on your local Lowes, it is amazing the things they will mark down. We have a few that we got for less than $10 on clearance.
    Oh, and it is so true, 4 year olds are so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete