Saturday, January 21, 2012

Flea market treasures repurposed

 This is a new bracelet I made for my Aunt...it didn't come from the flea market :) but the feed sack underneath it did!
 There is just something about vintage fabrics and linens that always catches my eye....
 So I spied this basket in the corner of a booth with all these neatly folded kitchen towels that were just lovely and faded but underneath them....
 This little stack of treasures...8 to be exact.
 The best part was the price--- other than ebay I'm having a hard time even finding them.
 I actually paid $10 for the last one I bought...
And I'm thinking about how I want to use them...haven't decided on that yet but my brain will be working on it for awhile... 
I did decide that this one would be a great hamper for the kids' room.
  I'm thinking about sewing a piece of twine to it to hang it but I haven't decided...

 I have been on a total tear cleaning and sorting and rearranging since the new year.  And this was my next little treasure.
 It's a frog...for arranging flowers.  Only right now I'll be using it to store my make-up brushes & all those little goodies that end up at the bottom of the make-up bag.  I'm thinking it might eventually go on my worktable to organize pens and pencils and scissors...
 Actually I have some other ideas I could use it for too, but I'm turning my brain off on this one for now!  I love the green chippy paint on the metal....
 And Doodlebug is totally OBSESSED with tape right now...I think we've gone through 3 rolls since Christmas.
 So when we saw this I had to get it....We just put a little table under his bed for him to "craft" on--so this is perfect...
 Last find ---very cool wood and metal pulley.  And I finally get to use the red barn light we bought waaaaayyy back at the beginning of the summer!!!!  I'm so excited to see it hanging in their room ---it's perfect...
We also purchased some adorable red, metal booster seats (used in restaurants in the 50s)...but we dropped them off at the shop so I'll have to try to get some photos of those another time...
It was hard to let them go.  The red was perfect for their room and they were just the right size for Mighty!  

1 comment: