Monday, March 21, 2011

Mini blind alternative

I cannot STAND mini-blinds.  It's impossible to convey in type exactly how much....but when it comes to window treatments the options are so limited.  At least when you have a budget and need more than one or two.  So here's what I came up with for our bedroom windows.

I bought 2 white, sailcloth curtains from Target ($18.99)  They were originally 84" in length.  But I decided to hang them on some cafe rods right under/beneath our striped curtains....
So I used two measurements starting at the bottom of the curtain.  I measured up (just for the first mark) 3 1/2" from the bottom of the curtain. Then from there I measured up 2 1/2" and then up 5 more inches to 7 1/2".  You do this on each side....


You then pin your two marks together to make the pleat on each side...
Then because I'm totally anti- pin when it comes to sewing :)  I laid mine out on my ironing board and ironed the pleat.  I only put a couple of pins in and just sewed along the ironed edge.

 Here are a couple of finished pictures


I'm linking this to.....

UndertheTableandDreaming

3 comments:

  1. Love the gray color in your bedrrom and the curtain too!

    I am having a fine art photography giveaway by Melanie Alexander. Check it out!
    I am having a fine art photography giveaway by Melanie Alexander. All you need to do is leave me a comment telling me which is your favorite image.check it out!
    http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/04/fine-art-photography-giveaway-by.html

    ReplyDelete

  2. خدمات النظافة بالدمام لابد ان تقدمها شركة لديها ثقة في اتمام خدمات النظافة المنزلية لان النظافة العاية لا تعطي النتيجة الفعالة التي تتم بواسطة شركة تنظيف بالدمام متخصصة لانها تهتم بكل شئ داخل المباني فلدينا شركة تنظيف فلل بالدمام تكون متخصصة في نظافة الفلل المفروشة والمستعملة واعطائها الرونق الجمالي الخاص بها لدينا شركة تنظيف شقق بالدمام متخصصة في اعمال نظافة الشقق المنزلية وشقق المكاتب والمعارض بواسطة الادوات والمواد اللازمة لعمل ذلك لدينا تخصصتنا في اعمالنا التي ترضي العميل وتخلصة من الحشرات الصغيرة التي تسبب ازعاج كبير للاسرة من خلال شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام التي لديها معدتها وموادها لعمل ذلك كما يوجد متخصص ايضا للقضاء علي الحشرات من خلال التواصل مع شركة رش مبيدات بالدمام التي تنتهيك من كل الحشرات المنزلية كما نعمل معا للواصل اليك كل الخدمات المنزلية من خلال خدمة الاثاث بواسطة افضل شركة نقل اثاث بالدمام والتعامل معها سوف يصل الي منزلك الجيد بدون اي تعب
    كما يوجد خدمتنا الاخري التي يمكنك البحث عنها م والاستفادة منها
    شركة تنظيف بالقطيف
    شركة تنظيف بالجبيل
    شركة تنظيف بالاحساء

    ReplyDelete