Friday, February 4, 2011

Sundance cubby knockoffs

I get so excited when we get a Sundance Catalogue in the mail I mean seriously if you haven't ever looked at their stuff is very cool.  I'm constantly saying to my husband "OOooo Look at THIS!" as I turn each page.
Of course their prices make you swoon...
not in a good way....
So a few years ago they had these amazing wooden chicken coop style cubbies...and what does my husband say????

"We could make those..." starts looking at the measurements...
We actually go buy the wood....
I start getting excited...
We call in reinforcements {talented brother in law}...
They turn out to be the envy of all the girls in my family.

I 've used them to store sewing stuff in the spare bedroom...then in the dining room when Doodlebug came along.  Then finally when we remodeled the dining room and kitchen I stowed all the sewing stuff in the Hoosier Hutch and used them the way I wanted all along! 
 To display some special things....
We've added another vintage Barn lunchbox to the collection... Husband 's latest ebay obsession  interest :)...And I'm getting ready to change this up too.  Putting the house up for sale has me trying to stow away as much clutter as possible.  The little Closet Maid bins I mentioned in yesterday's post fit PERFECTLY in the lower cubbies....so I need more...thankfully they're only $6 apiece...and Target is right across the street....


No comments:

Post a Comment