Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Mitten Making continued

I decided to use this Flower tutorial from Red Barn Revival to "girly up" my mitten making.  These are made from some grosgrain ribbon which I have oodles of from the purse making "phase" of my life :) ....

These mittens will go to Winsome Cottage along with some knitted hats once I get several of each done.  It will take me awhile....for those of you thinking "how does she do this with children?" that's the answer.  Everything takes forever!  I just keep plugging away....get something out...change a diaper.  Go back cut a pattern piece...get a snack (not for me)....go back cut another pattern piece.  Try to remember what I was doing when I started....get something for Mighty to chew on.  Go back --you get the picture.  The blog makes it looks easy and organized.  I assure you IT'S NOT!!!
So here are a couple of the sweaters AFTER being felted (fulled) 

Next I cut them apart so I know what I have to work with...
 The cuff and waist make great cuffs for the mittens....
 Yeah it's hard being 3 people...this is at like 8:00 AM we 've already had hot chocolate, watched cartoons, fed Mighty....our day starts early....

 I always cut it apart at the seams because it's kind of hard to find them once it's been felted. And below is what 's left to work with.  Notice the "helping hands" at the bottom left of the photo..."Scissoring" is one of his favorite things to do.  He's waiting to get the scraps so he can get started...

No comments:

Post a Comment