Monday, July 22, 2013

Cross Body Hand Stitched Leather Handbag

 We have some friends that go to church with us that have supported us in many of our creative ventures along the way....
My husband actually restored a pedal car for them awhile back...

 When I posted and shared photos of my yellow bag, she immediately asked me about making one for her.  I was excited to get to make another one...
 She chose to leave it natural rather than have it dyed a color.  It was nice to see it in a different style too....
This was also one of our first opportunities to use our new maker's stamp....
 I had to snap some quick photos this day before I burnished the edges, because we had endless rain the week I made this and I wanted to get it to her once it was done.
The natural leather, as well as the dyed pieces, we seal with acrylic resolene to help protect it, but all leather products darken over time so it will look better and better as it ages...
I just finished up making another yellow one for my Aunt who also wanted one so this little bag is popular!

1 comment: