Friday, April 5, 2013

Vintage Egg Basket


My first purchase from the Peddler's Mall where we have our booth...
We have enjoyed raising the chickens and getting fresh eggs....the photo above is Little Red.  She is the last survivor from the second set that we bought.  None of the first set made it 
(and three of the five were roosters)
And this is Miss Goldie who is so friendly and has the perfect disposition for the kids....
We get two eggs a day sometimes one and lately none....but I have been on the hunt for egg baskets since we started getting eggs.

 While checking on our booth the other night I spied this little treasure up on a shelf in a booth across the aisle....
 I couldn't pass it up!  I don't think I've ever seen one this size.  They are almost always large
....so I had to make my first purchase
I love it....and will probably still buy a larger one at some point this year while flea marketing.
We ordered baby chicks with our sister in law over at Red Barn Revival, and they should be here in a week or so...
can't wait to see the new babies...

2 comments:

  1. That's so cute! I have a much bigger one - never seen one so small!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Melissa me either! That's why I had to buy it...It holds a couple of eggs which is about all we're getting right now anyways. I'm on the hunt for a large one!

      Delete