Thursday, March 21, 2013

Painting with Stain

Things are a bit nutty around here right now...as usual.  I have 4 blog posts I'm waiting to post since it's gift items people haven't "given" yet--
I decided to make this small rack to use some hand forged coat hooks my husband made awhile back.  It will be in our booth.
I used this flower template I made up for a dresser I painted last year.
Traced 3 of them out with chalk (since I had 3 hooks to add)
Then painted the stain on with small paint brushes...
I added some blue acrylic "Martha Stewart" craft paint to the smaller petal shapes....
then wiped the chalk off with paper towel once it was dry...
finished it all up with some Tung Oil to seal it.
Added the hooks and she 's ready to go!
We're headed over tomorrow to start setting up and I'm getting excited.  I had some things out Tuesday to start labeling and pricing....
Hopefully I'll have some photos to share soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment