Monday, June 4, 2012

Funnel Cake Recipe

This recipe for homemade funnel cakes is AWESOME!!!!  We made some the other night so I thought I would share.  It's pretty simple although not very "healthy" :)
Ingredients:
1 egg
2/3 cup of milk
2 Tbls of sugar
1 &1/4 cup of flour
1/4 tsp of salt
1tsp baking powder
2 cups of Crisco
1. In a deep skillet heat oil until hot (I use medium high heat on my electric stove)
2. Mix egg and milk in a bowl
3.  In a separate bowl mix all other ingredients
4.  Slowly add dry ingredients to egg mixture beating until smooth
5.  Using a funnel (I use a gallon freezer bag and snip a corner off) drizzle batter starting in the center working outwards in a web pattern
6.  Cook for 2-3 minutes (flipping half way through) or until golden brown and crispy then sprinkle with powdered sugar

1 comment:

  1. is this on my diet, I don't think so...yummy can you gain weight but drooling....yummy'
    I used some of your suggestions ...thank you
    I think I got the robot letter box off...I hate those too,original did not have...email I keep trying to get it to stick..but I have asked Karen to check for me ...to cain.kj54@live.com
    I reeeellly appreciate those who check out my blog

    ReplyDelete